Amazon Store Product Selection
Product Selection is the core element in launching an Amazon Store. YBO uses AMZ scout, in conjunction with a home grown methodology to find and filter products.
Our methodology AVOIDS the following products, for reasons that should be obvious.
- Bulky ( Shipping, Pick & Pack and Storage Fees)
- Seasonal ( Seasonal sales make inventory management difficult)
- Electronic/Mechanic ( Not interested in products that have a high risk of breakage)
- Category Restrictions ( Not interested in going through approval processes)
We Finding Products Ideas
Using AMZ Scout
- Amazon Best seller lists
We use the following Product Selection Criteria
- Margin after FBA – Close to 50%
- Price Between $15-$25
- Sales volume at position 1 > 500
- Sales volumes at position 20 > 200
We Confirm demand by ensuring :
- Longtail Keyword Volume > 10 000
- Short Keyword Volume > 300 000
We then dig into the potential suppliers at Alibaba to confirm:
- Product Availability
- Price @ Alibaba
- Alibaba Dimensions – FBA confirmation
- Alibaba Weight – FBA Confirmation
- Estimated Shipping from China to USA
‘Suspect’ Products are then fed onto the clients website using a feeder software
- Clients are registered as affiliates at Amazon and all ‘suspect’ products are linked to clients affiliate code
- Website is populated ion website.
Preparation of data for the next step
- “Suspect” products are then listed on a spread-sheet which summarizes the financial information compiled above
- “Suspect” products are then classified as prospects if they remain on the spread-sheet.
Sample of Prospect Product Shortlist