Customizing Your Amazon Product
When considering how or what to customise on the product that you are investigating, ask yourself the following questions
- What is reason people buy this product?
- What is their biggest complaint while using them?
- What is considered absolutely essential to the product?
- What is not considered essential?
Look at reviews
Learn from negative reviews (example – product arrived damaged , consider better packaging)
Why do people leave reviews?
They like the product a lot and it met or exceeded their expectation
They are disappointed and the opposite has happened
- 4 & 5 Star review – What works, what is important and what isn’t
- 3 Star review – What is potentially missing
- 1 & 2 Star reviews – What are the minimum expected standards
- What are the really important criteria for a winning product
- How do you stand out?
- How do you add value to the product
(Pattern, images, colours etc)
(materials, utility, sizes etc)
(positioning your logo on the product, packaging etc)